What’s up gang! It’s HTEBASIŁÉ, the newest and the best female rapper in Ottawa, the province and soon to be the nation (God willing)! I want to officially introduce myself and share with you a little about where I want to take my career this year in 2019.
This year I graduate from college and will officially be able to call myself a trained Child and Youth Care Practitioner (CYC). I plan to use my diploma, experiences and the knowledge I’ve gained throughout these three years to impact my local community and create change for the lives of young people across this province and in Canada. In short and to be brief, the plan involves creative arts, hip hop, advocacy, workshops and programs facilitated around the city. This plan requires that I establish myself as a professional artist and has called for me to relaunch myself as a spoken word poet and an emerging rapper. I’ve been able to set up some opportunities for myself for the next few months and the goal is to really connect and reach the Ottawa community during this phase. The only way that Ottawa will finally be able to be put on the map is if the people within the city limits support and build among each other first. The creative scene is buzzing right now and there are so many opportunities to take advantage of and a lot of work to be done.
This year I hope to service my community in several facets by:
- Creating, distributing and performing my music.
- Facilitating programming and workshops for youth and young creatives.
- Offering video work services for content creators and emerging entrepreneurs.
- Supporting the local community by collaborating and attending events, meetings, forums etc…
There is no way that I could or even want to do this by myself. I know it’s going to take a lot of hands to get things really churning in our city and our nation.
Ways to Support
- Invite me out to your events either as an attendee or as a performer.
- Listen to my music, poetry and watch my content.
- If you like my content, share my work, my services or my vision with people you care about, either by word of mouth or on social media.
- Come out to shows I’m performing at or events I’m going to and we can meet and chat.
- When we chat, tell me about the areas of need in your life and I’ll see if I can support in some way.
- Prayer and motivational encouragement!
As a local artist, I’m really depending on the support of my community to launch me into the arenas I need to be in, in order to make change.
I’m looking to connect, support and broaden my network with:
- Creators and Artists (in every and all disciplines)
- Event Coordinators
- Bookers and Promoters
- Community Outreach and Youth Workers
- Arts Culture Organizations
- Local Media
If you belong or fall under any of these categories, connect to my vision or feel we can collaborate and support one another in some way, send me an email and we can connect.
Instagram (Content): @htbsle
Facebook (Events): HTEBASIŁÉ
Soundcloud (Music): HTEBASIŁÉ