Happy National Poetry Month
Excuse my manners, we’re 6 days into April and I’ve completely neglected to mention that it’s NATIONAL POETRY MONTH!
Happy National Poetry Month to you all!
This National Poetry Month marks 18 years for the League of Canadian Poets and 20 years for the League of American Poets and their dedication to poetry awareness and celebration. Since then it has become the largest literary celebration for the presence of poetry in our culture!
In honour of National Poetry Month this year, I will be posting exerpts from several of my poems throughout the month! https://www.instagram.com I know 6 days have already passed so I’d like to redirect you to the “Poems” page of this blog where you can find 6 of my poems already published! https://spokenvisions.com/category/poems/
- Our Buried Lives
- Love Couldn’t Love Her
- Calm inside the Storm
- Hour to Begin
Visit http://poets.ca/2016/02/08/national-poetry-month-2016/ or https://www.poets.org/national-poetry-month/poem-your-pocket-day to check out how you can participate in the projects they’ve launched to encourage the celebration of poetry.
If you somehow don’t make it to the websites, here are some of their suggestions for participating.
- Start a “poems for pockets” giveaway in your school or workplace
- Urge local businesses to offer discounts for those carrying poems
- Post pocket-sized verses in public places
- Memorize a poem
- Start a street team to pass out poems in your community
- Distribute bookmarks with your favorite lines of poetry
- Add a poem to your email footer
- Post lines from your favorite poem on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr
- Send a poem to a friend
Keep your eyes open you might just see my poems around the city!